Friday, December 01, 2006

“Gutra Gutra iseel il wad”...

An old Mauritanian proverb which translates to “Drop by drop the valley fills with water.” This is a useful mantra to have when one is in an especially mysterious place like Yemen. Here are some crabs I saw at the beach last night:

To see more of my photos of Yemen click on the "My Photo Albums from Yemen" link to the right. Enjoy!

Since arriving, I have rediscovered a childlike sense of wonder and laughter, which I will admit to you, is the state of consciousness exciting to experience as an adultThe key for me to access that state I've found lies in subjecting my 5 senses to a foreign land. So here I go, stumbling my way through culture shocks, giggling at funny signage, trying strange foods, and making funny gestures to catch public transportation. Easily entertained by everyday people and scenes in Aden, I laugh incessantly.