Monday, June 25, 2007

Wonderful News

CONGRATULATIONS NUHA!!!!
Today, I received some wonderful news from Nuha Gamal, one of my university students. She has been awarded one year of undergraduate study in the USA! I am so elated that one of my students won this prestigious award. I feel a special honor with her success because I informed her of the opportunity and wrote a letter on her behalf.
Ultimately, her superior academic accomplishments and language abilities have earned her this life-changing opportunity. She is an exemplary student that seeks to excel in English and I'm very proud for her, her family and her community.
And so, as my year in Yemen draws to an end and I prepare for a return to America, Nuha is at the beginning of an incredible journey where she will leave Yemen for a year and head to America this fall. Mabrook Nuha! (Congratulations!)